AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New potential pandemic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frogman
Posted 6/30/2020 06:46 (#8344615)
Subject: New potential pandemic

Central Indiana
I know it has already been mentioned but the story below doesn't surprise me. If we come up with a vaccine or good treatments, how many more of these will be lined up ready to kill us all. Wife works in healthcare, and it was definitely real, and scary, but how do you trust any of the numbers and "facts" at this point? Case in point: we have 2 relatives with underlying issues that got Covid in March. They had all of the symptoms, but were told by there doctor to only go to the hospital if they had trouble breathing. They both fought it at home for about 2 weeks and eventually got better. They were unable to be tested at the time, like a lot of people due to the lack of tests. They were tested @1 week ago for the antibodies, and found out they indeed had been sick with Covid in March. According to the lab, they were counted as new cases in June!
Why can't someone with some sense add them to the March numbers, not June. How much of this stupidity is going on? Things like this and the story below makes me question at least the agenda moving forward.

"A new strain of flu that has the potential to become a pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

While it is not an immediate problem, they say, it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans and needs close monitoring.

As it's new, people could have little or no immunity to the virus.

The scientists write in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that measures to control the virus in pigs, and the close monitoring of swine industry workers, should be swiftly implemented."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)