AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cant wait to get out of here-ramblings of my afternoon.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 6/29/2020 16:29 (#8343652)
Subject: Cant wait to get out of here-ramblings of my afternoon.

I'm taking off at 4AM to go to Farmall Land USA tomorrow. I should have taken off today. The township closed the road because of flooding, but people don't read signs and I bet over 100 cars have turned around in the driveway today. Just read where one person drowned last night from his car going off the road into a flooded ditch. Railroad tracks as well as bridges and roads washed out.

Then the phone rings and I get an earful; I ruined someone's life because she had standing water in her basement and I said it had to be corrected to meet Rural Housing Guidelines. The lady is bawling and sobbing and begs me to do something. The lender's job is to tell the borrowers what needs to be done to meet regulations. Obviously it didn't happen. I think I have a big red bullseye on my back sometimes!

I took my big border collie Jack for just to get away for a few minutes. We went for a walk down in the woods to see how far over the banks the creek was and came across a little spotted fawn. Baby was within 10-15 feet of us and while Jack saw it, he never moved or barked at all. The fawn was really curious and I thought for a minute she was going to come over to us before she darted back in the underbrush, on the uphill side fortunately. Can't see any sign of creek banks, the entire bottoms are covered with roaring muddy brown water.

Looking forward to a day off, as I haven't had a vacation in years. Maybe I can spot something special to take pictures of.......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)