AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AFS Pro 600 vs AFS Pro 700 in 4420 with 90 foot boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Andy49
Posted 6/26/2020 10:23 (#8337166)
Subject: AFS Pro 600 vs AFS Pro 700 in 4420 with 90 foot boom

My 4420 sprayer has a pro 600 monitor and the issue or problem I believe is a slow processor.

Issue #1: When heading east and ready to head west on a turn around at the end of row. I will press auto steer icon after the next line turns red but what happens is that it will turn back east and move over 90 feet.

Issue #2: The map is slow to the actual movement of the machine(in real time movement). When in a turn either right or left it will show the machine before the next line to turn into but once i have made the turn i have gone at the least 20 feet past my next access line.

On another note.. I do have some Trimble 750 monitors with auto steer motor drives on 2 JD 8410s and 8410T. All three monitors can access the next line within a second or 1.5 seconds and somehow know that i want to head back the other way (even though I'm half way into my turn) when accessing the next line. I believe it's a processor issue because I have another GPS unit on a 2012 model 8335R with the 6000 globe and it can't access the next swath nearly as fast as the Trimble 750. Don't get me wrong "love my John Deere tractors" but using the monitor that came with tractor not there 2630 monitor. It is dead on straight once it does access the line and very nice.

Getting back to the 4420 sprayer... will the AFS pro 700 access the line faster and show the map of sprayer with blue and red lines more "in real time" or closer to real time than the AFS pro 600?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)