AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Antennas that work with an Insight and other questions??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 6/26/2020 07:24 (#8336840)
Subject: Antennas that work with an Insight and other questions??

West Central Iowa
I picked up an AgLeader CAN based yield monitor off of junk combine and have a question about what monitor it could of been running. The part numbers on 2 of the cables are 4000217-1 and 4000219-1 which a Google search leads me to believe that the combine had an AgLeader insight in it. Inside the cab was a Trimble Hurricane GPS antenna, part #50393-50 and it is marked L1. Would this antenna work with an Insight? I have an unused Trimble 252 RTK unlocked receiver I could use, but would I be better off trying to sell it and just find a smaller, cheaper WAAS antenna?

The 4 wire CAN harness that connects the CAN modules has been cut or damaged. Is there any reason I can't splice this harness? I would use solder type heat shrink connectors for the harness repair.

Also, is there any reason I could not connect this system up and test "run" it before I remove the existing working system and installing the newer CAN system? Is there any simple way to simulate elevator and ground speed or could I check the system out OK without those 2 inputs?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)