AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4700 PWM parameters and flow meter pulse count.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

OettingAgService
Posted 6/24/2020 06:54 (#8332980)
Subject: John Deere 4700 PWM parameters and flow meter pulse count.

West Central Missouri
I've got an issue to figure out on a John Deere 4700 sprayer. It is running on an InCommand 1200 and using Ag Leader's ISOBUS liquid product control.

It's not my installation. The machine was purchased with this system on it, and the original installer is not locatable. Having looked over the machine, his work was both genius and moronic.

A standard installation leaves the brown box in control of the pump, and rate control. Ag Leader doesn't offer a kit to do it any other way, but it is a flexible enough system it can be adapted to just about anything. It's an impressive show of knowledge if an installer is able to do this (genius), but it's an even more impressive show of poor judgement (moronic) to send such a bizarre configuration out without support.

Making things more interesting, we believe the machine has been struck by lightning. Fun, right?

I ran out of day the last time, but I have to go back to this machine soon. Due to a parking brake problem, the machine was not mobile the last time I worked on it. The configuration was corrupted for reasons unknown (lightning!?!), so the liquid module had to be reconfigured from scratch. On an unsupported wildcat configuration. With no specs or supporting references. More fun, right?

I was able to get everything to function. All the boom valves responeded correctly, it could read the flow meter, and I could get the PWM controlled hydraulic pump to respond. The flow meter tag gave a number "K/F". What the cheese is "K/F"? How do I convert that to pulses per gallon?

Most of the issues remaining to resolve will be common. The machine has gone to the field, and overapplied. That much is solvable with a correct meter cal number. What I have no idea on is what to use for PWM pump valve parameters. The only time I've had to do that before, I've read the correct numbers straight out of the installation document. That plan works not so well with a wildcat configuration.

If anyone out there has set up a 4700 in a similar fashion, I would be grateful if you share your PWM parameters, and any insight on the flow meter cal number is also useful.

(4700 flow meter (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 4700 flow meter (full).png (127KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)