AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suger and Appetite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

golfnut
Posted 6/17/2020 20:49 (#8320950)
Subject: Suger and Appetite

Central Nebraska

Hopefully John Burns will chime in here but others may know the answer too.  I've never considered myself to be overweight and for the past 4-5 years have kept myself in what I considered excellent physical condition.  Run, bike, swim, etc.  I'm 6' 3" and hovered in the low 180 range.  And I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  Back in January I decided one day to eliminate carbs and sugar to see what would happen.  I gave it a solid try for about three weeks and lost a few pounds and then decided it wasn't for me.  I didn't jump ship totally though.  I have continued to be very careful about how much extra sugar I eat in the forms of cookies, candy, and drinks.  Pop isn't a big draw for me but other sugar drinks are, specifically Iced Carmel Coffee for McDonalds.  Anyways, I've lost weight.....to the tune of almost 20lbs in the past 4 months.  Scale said 166 this morning.  My size 32 shorts and pants are too big.  My chest is way smaller and I can count my ribs.  I eat lots of bananas, yogurt, avacados/guacamole when I'm hungry.  I still eat a cookie occasionally when my daughter makes them.

My big question is this.  When a person reduces sugar intake does overall appetite tend to go down.  I find that even though I may be hungry I don't have the cravings I used to have.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)