AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Bean Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lfreehauf
Posted 6/3/2020 14:44 (#8295939)
Subject: New Bean Planter

Ohio
The Question: Are there other Manufactures (Case, JD, etc) solutions that have the PP (or their equivalent) as part of their standard planter? Or do I start with Kinze 3500 and add the PP stuff.
Considering buying a different bean planter. 8 to 12 rows; 15" rows; No tilling in muck soil, corn stalks and heavy trash.
Currently using JD 1535 bean drill. Problem: In "less then ideal" and wet conditions planting conditions, the planter units (offset by a mere foot or less) will plug with damp corn stalks/surface trash.
I like the idea of Kinze 3500 - 8 Push units and 8 pull units - It seems to have a lot more space for surface trash to navigate between planter units. I'd want to add Precision P;anting (PP) vDrive + DeltaDrive and Yetter (type) row cleaners with controlled by cab Airforce. We have the PP stuff on Kinze 3200 12 row....and it has made me a believer.

The Question: Are there other Manufactures (Case, JD, etc) solutions that have the above PP (or their equivalent) as part of their standard planter? Or do I start with Kinze 3500 and add the PP stuff. I only know Kinze planters.

Edited by lfreehauf 6/3/2020 15:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)