AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Accutrol help needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

RyanD
Posted 5/27/2020 21:32 (#8284216)
Subject: Accutrol help needed

Brookston, IN
I need help. I have a 28 applicator that is running a hydraulic pump feeding a flow meter, followed, by a servo valve then to 5 section control valves. Last year it was controlled by a Trimble 750 w/ FieldIQ and a rate and section control module. The system worked well. We were running it in a Magnum275 with a Pro700. Decided to try and simplify and run everything off the Pro700 with the Accutrol unlock. Also had to install the cabling as the tractor didn’t have the CAN harness from the factory. After several hrs working with the local AFS tech we finally got it somewhat work. Currently having issues getting the servo to respond quickly enough. It takes several seconds to get up to target rate, 40 gpm, in the process an error message pops up about being below target rate. Eventually it reaches the target rate. If I slow down ground speed the flow will not decrease. If the sections start to shut off the rate won’t drop and eventually the red error box pops up and it shuts the system down. When I come to end rows where I’ve already applied and all sections shut off and I turn and drop in the rate stays up when I start back in but something causes the system to kick out part way across the field. Unfortunately I already sold the Field IQ boxes, so I would like to get this working. As it is it is no acceptable, I would have a better functioning system With a Hiniker 8160 controlling the rate and me flipping section switches. I have tried adjusting the proportional gain and a few other settings but nothing really changes how it performs. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)