AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excel Macro question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

forget
Posted 4/19/2020 21:20 (#8203471)
Subject: Excel Macro question

eastern sd
I am fairly adept with excel and have an ambitious project that I am working on probably beyond my capabilities. We use an excel program to feed cattle, my Dad wrote the program, it is fairly extensive and saves us a lot of time every day. There are a few tweaks I would like to make and one of them is the ability to automatically generate a load split. The program knows how much feed needs to go to each pen and it can calculate how much of a given ration remains to be fed for the day after each load is typed in. What I would like to do is create a macro that can generate a load split that goes to each yard in the most efficient order possible, we have 31 yards total in our feedlot. On any given day the first loads of the day are usually the same and adjustments are made in the afternoon, this means that the adjusted afternoon loads often have to be recalculated manually every day which consumes a lot of time for the guy feeding and when I'm doing it I never get it right on the first try. Basically this macro would have to understand all possible pen feeding orders that could exist and the most efficient route to each one. This seems like a monumental challenge to me but I'm sure there are people who have done things like this in excel I'm just wondering if anybody here has done something like this before?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)