AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easiest place to get keyed power at the modules on ag leader setup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 4/1/2020 23:08 (#8157594)
Subject: Easiest place to get keyed power at the modules on ag leader setup?

East Central Ia
I am wiring in some relays to control my clutches on a Great Plains planter, they require +12v to plant.

I have everything wired up nicely but I am feeding power to my clutch circuits on my relays from a high current power connection... this is always connected to the battery. So now when I shut off my monitor/tractor my clutches engage and I don't want this drain on my battery.

So I am going to wire another relay into my high current power supply to my relays and have it switched off keyed power.

Is there easy access to keyed power at the modules?

If not I think I can cheat the system by wiring an unused clutch control connection from my CCM into my relay. I only have half width clutches so I am only using 2 of the 4 clutch control connections in my cable. It appears that the connectors for sections 3-4 energize when the monitor powers up, and they are not setup in my configuration so I can not switch them off with the AUX Module. One of these seems like an easy place to get a keyed power signal to my relay.

It looks like my clutches only draw about .35 amps when engaged so it would take a while to drain my batteries but I am sure I will forget at some point and have it sit for a week during a rain event and come back to a dead battery and be pissed! I would have thought those clutches would take more juice then that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)