AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there a dependable long lasting Chromebook
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 3/27/2020 21:26 (#8144486)
Subject: Is there a dependable long lasting Chromebook

East central Iowa

I have an HP desktop computer I purchase in 2007.  I've replaced the video card after a lightning strike and a DVD player.  Other than that it still works fine.
I also have a couple of other computers I occasionally use that are also similar in age, one laptop still runs XP.

My wife received a Chromebook for Christmas about 4 years ago.  The wifi quit after a couple of years and there doesn't seem to be a fix.  It, unlike a windows computer can't use a USB wifi adapter.

Then I purchased an HP Chromebook a couple of years ago.  It quit working after a few months and HP allegedly fixed it.  Now sometimes when she opens the lid it doesn't work.  I've messed with it and got it working.

Tonight it keeps disconnecting from the Internet.  It goes Oh Snap something went wrong.  At the same time my Windows laptop continues to access the net without problems.  My Lenovo desktop continues to access the net without problems.

I really, intensely dislike multiple things about the Chromebook but because my wife likes it's light weight and long battery life I guess she'll want another one.

SO,  IS THERE A CHROMEBOOK THAT WILL LAST FOR YEARS, HOOK TO THE WIFI CONSISTENTLY?  
Sorry for the long post, I'm just really ticked at this darn chromebook crap.  Nothing on it works like a real computer and you can't use multiple peripherals. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)