AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven PWM valve questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mistered
Posted 3/23/2020 08:46 (#8131386)
Subject: Raven PWM valve questions

I have a SCS4400, a dual product control node and a single product control node.

I want to control 3 different implements with this setup.

1st is an single section NH3 bar with 3 products, 1 NH3 (liquid control), 2 N stabilizer (PWM valve) and 3 Amthiosulfate (liquid control).

2nd implement is a single section fertilizer air cart with 2 products, 1 Potash (PWM valve) and 2 DAP (PWM valve).

3rd Implement is a 2 section corn planter with 3 products, 1 Herbicide spray (liquid control), 2 Starter fertilizer (liquid control) and Seed drive (PWM valve)

My questions are

1. On the planter for the seed do I use 1 drive motor/PWM valve, a left section clutch, a right section clutch and 2 encoders (one for each section)? It should be similar to the granular-dual bed setting in the initial console programing.

2. If so are the right and left clutches controlled by boom 1 and 2 on the 4400 console? Pins 8 and 9 of one of the 12 pin connectors to the single product control node are labeled right and left clutches on the cable diagram. Do these wires send current to the clutches to trigger them or do they carry a signal to the node telling the node that they are triggered by boom 1 or 2?

3. When the master or remote master switch is toggled off, does the PWM valve stop the motor or just release the clutches?

4. On the NH3 bar and air cart PWMs, I have the same sort of question. Do the hydraulic drives stop turning when the boom is turned off and start immediately when it is turned back on?

I have all the equipment to set this up but am just wondering in what way the 4400 will control this.

I don't know if any of this makes sense or if anyone can shed some light on it for me but thought I would give it a whirl.

Thanks in advance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)