AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader display unlocks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/13/2020 09:47 (#8101160)
Subject: Ag Leader display unlocks

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As usual I have been seeing some confusion and questions about Ag Leader unlocks this time of the year. Starting with the Insight and progressing through the newer displays Ag Leader like many other companies use the idea of "unlocks" for certain features. The displays already have these features but you are prevented from using them unless they are unlocked which may involves a one time fee. The idea is that the folks who don't need these features should not have to pay for them although they are built in.

The unlockable features vary from display to display. Generally, unlocking a feature requires a $750 fee to Ag Leader. You call them, give them a number from you display and then they give you an Unlock Code. You type in this code and the feature becomes unlocked. The unlock stays with the display and cannot be "removed" and transferred to another display.

Since the Insight had the ability to work with Trimble's Nav II for steering, it could have an auto steer unlock as well as several others. This arrangement no longer exists so it can no longer be unlocked if it was not done so in the past. The newer Ag Leader displays do not have such an unlock and cannot work with the Trimble Nav II. No steering unlocks are needed for the current steering setups.

Another unlock is auto swath or auto section control. This unlock allows the system to shut off planter or boom sections on a sprayer automatically for point rows/partial passes etc. This unlock is enabled from the factory on the Integra and InCommand 1200 display. It can be purchased for the Insight and some of the other displays.

Multi-product is another unlock. Multi-product allows the configuration to specify using more than one product at the same time. Without this unlock only one product box will appear. With the unlock the configuration allows more options which would allow various combinations of seed and/or application products. This unlock is not included and needs to be purchased with any display. Once you have it, it will work with any combination of products within limits.

Do you need the Multi-product unlock? Wish to map two different varieties of seed being planted as split planter - Yes, Wish to work with seed and spray or fertilizer on the planter at the same time - Yes. Wish to work with more than one product on an applicator at the same time - Yes. Wish to use hydraulic drive, section control, population monitoring on your planter but only one variety and no spray or fertilizer - No.

The bottom line is if you wish to see more than one product box when you choose a configuration, you need the Multi-product unlock.

There are other unlocks available such as the Norac UC5 interface for boom height control, Display Cast and Seed rows. Display Cast works with communication with other displays and devices. Seed rows is for the newest seed situations.

A combination of unlocks may be necessary. I use an InCommand 1200 with my planter for seed, spray and fertilizer. This means I need the auto swath unlock (it already was) and the Multi-product unlock since I wish to have a product box for Seed Left, another for Seed Right, another for Starter fertilizer and another for Spray. I have two other InCommands which are used for steering and application in two other tractors and for harvest in the combine. They would not actually need the Multi-product unlock but I have them unlocked anyway so that any of my InCommands could be used in any situation.

Edited by tedbear 3/13/2020 15:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)