AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

got hacked
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 12/8/2019 09:07 (#7893829)
Subject: got hacked

SW Ohio
I have yahoo for an email provider, about a week ago maybe two, I got a message from yahoo that my email was accessed from a new device or something to that effect. Sure enough it showed a login from Bolivia. I changed my password from what I thought was a goofy mix of letters, numbers and symbols to one with even more goofiness. Yahoo has a dumb thing of sending you an email with a temporary login code to let you get in if you forget your password(how do you read the code if you can't log in?) Yahoo does some other things I don't particularly like, but not much I can do about that. So since that first day there have been about ten more attempts to get in, all from different places mostly South America and the Far East, and I assume they did not get in. I am not sure if there is any thing sensitive in my emails as I have over twenty pages of old ones but I am in the process of cleaning them up. I have watched quite a few DefCon videos, so I realize how easy it is to crack a password, in as little as a few seconds. I guess someone cracked mine and posted it on the dark web somewhere and that is how others have tried to get in.

Not sure what my intention of this post is, other than to remind all that you need to keep up with security and be diligent about wandering around the web safely. I keep my passwords in a ring notebook and have way to many that need updated, a good wintertime chore for all of us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)