AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lent starts in a few days
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 2/22/2009 22:19 (#619259)
Subject: Lent starts in a few days

This year for Lent the Deacons in our Church asked 28 different people to write a short devotional from 28 different Bible passages. The devotionals were to be from personal experinces. I was asked to write one. Thought I'ld share with all of you what I wrote.

How Awesome Is Our God

Read, Psalms 118: 1-2, 19-29

You are my God and I will give thanks to you; you are my God and I will extol you. Psalms 118: 28

The elderly farmer hurried through his morning chores after he noticed the storm cloud on the Western horizon while he was eating breakfast just before sunrise this morning. Now late in the afternoon as he turned his large combine around at the east end of the field, on the last round of the last eighty acres of wheat he had to harvest this year he was humbled by what he saw as he looked toward the west. That storm cloud that was on the Western horizon this morning was almost on top of him. Just a mile or two toward the North West was the dust storm that usually precedes a thunder storm in Western Kansas. Several miles toward the South West he could see a small funnel cloud trying to form a tornado, and nearly all around him there was cloud to ground lightening. As he pushed the control lever of the combine ahead just a little to make it go a little faster he couldn’t help but give thanks to the God he loved and worshiped. The same God that was showing his mighty power in the storm clouds was the same God that made the small kernel of wheat grow into a bumper crop this year. Yes, the same God that was with him every day this harvest protecting him from harm as he harvested long days and nights, several times well past midnight, to get the bountiful harvest in. How awesome was his God! A short time later, as the rain was coming down in torrents, he pulled the doors of the machine shed closed with the combine and trucks all inside and the crop all safely in the elevator. He gave thanks again.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for your bountiful love for us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)