AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clothes washer machinery revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD 9400
Posted 7/11/2019 22:39 (#7609894)
Subject: Clothes washer machinery revisited

Southern Pa.
Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my post last week when I asked for opinions on a clothes washer, especially GT500KR53 from Nebraska. After what I learned on here, and checking reviews on different washers, we decided to go with a SQ TC5000WN. Not exactly like the 2017 and back model it replaces, it does have a control board. But as far as the agitator and tub, etc, same proven design.

While it is considered a commercial washer, SQ also offers a COMMERCIAL washer that our dealer said they can't sell to individuals, only to a business, farm use, etc. We could have bought it billed through our farm. It had no electronic controls at all. Mechanical rotary knob for wash water temp, and the old style push in/ pull out/ rotary timer control knob. Zero electronics appealed to me after the board issues we had with our Samsung. The mechanical guts of the washer was exactly like the TC5000WN. Proven design.

However, it had no adjustable water depth for any cycle, it just fills the tub full every time. As full as the TC5000WN does when you select the deep fill. (optional extra deep water level) So, it would use more hot water. Also, because it is a totally COMMERCIAL USE ONLY washer, it only carried a one yr bumper to bumper warranty, after that it's your baby. The TC5000WN has a 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty, five years on the motor, 15 years on the transmission. While all the mechanical components are identical, and even no electronic control board to fail, the COMMERCIAL USE ONLY rating kills the warranty.

If you remember, one thing I wanted in a washer was a strong water discharge pump. Our Samsung was weak in that regard from day one. We hooked the washer up, and let it do a wash cycle. I put the water discharge hose into a large pail to see how it would pump out the water. Mercy sakes, it nearly took the hose out of my hands!! I wasn't prepared for that, it came out with enough force to fight a fire, LOL. I hooked it up to our overhead drain line, works like a champ. I was debating changing the plumbing system for our other washer because it couldn't push water 8 ft high, but that looked like a lot of work. Killed two birds with one stone on this deal!!

As far as getting clothes clean, it appears to work very well. Cleans up dirty farm clothes on the heavy duty setting without breaking a sweat. The dealer did tell us the washer/agitator can be plenty aggressive on more delicate materials, it has settings for that. Our womenfolk wear dresses, with my wife and three daughters at home, my wife washes lots of dresses. My wife threw in a big batch of dresses, and let it on the heavy duty setting. It turned some of the dresses inside out, my wife said she never had a washer do that before!! She's 48, been married since she was 20, so it's not her first rodeo. It's a washer with an attitude, she'll probably use a gentler setting after this!

Happy wife, happy life!!!

Thanks again, fellows!

Edited by JD 9400 7/11/2019 23:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)