AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are bred cows going to bring this fall?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 7/12/2019 01:09 (#7610012)
Subject: What are bred cows going to bring this fall?

SC Wisconsin
Im putting in quite a bit of bmr sorghum sudan on a neighbors prevent plant ground end of this week and beginning of next. I bought a few beef heifers last fall to start a small herd, but i figure if this sudangrass turns out like i hope it will i will have a mountain of feed for cheap so i might as well dive into the cow calf game head first. I want to see how much feed i end up with in september, so i wil be buying cows in between spetember and november. I would like to go with fall calvers or late spring/early summer calvers as i dont have concrete or buildings to calve them in during january, February, March- they will be out on stalks with a hot wire and wind breaks. Where should i look for cows (thinking areas that either cant get hay made due to flooding or there is no hay due to drought) and what do you think they will be bringing?

Once i have all the feed made, i hope to buy enough cows that i will have 2 years worth of feed on hand. I have picked up quite a bit of hay ground and pasture for next year, so i "should" be sitting good for the foreseable future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)