AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two Trucks in One Week UPDATE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 7/10/2019 19:11 (#7607513)
Subject: Two Trucks in One Week UPDATE

Texas

Some of you may recall that about a month ago I posted about two pickups breaking down in one week.

Here is that post: Two Trucks in One Week

Thanks to all who replied to that post.  I did not answer questions or update it as I was somewhat overwhelmed with the situation at that time.

So, here is the update!  To those of you that predicted we would have a third vehicle problem; Congratulation, you were correct.  About two weeks ago my daily driver left me on the side of the road and had to be towed.

The first vehicle to break down did so due to a problem with the oil filter.  During a previous oil change the oil filter housing had been changed from stock to aftermarket (which is larger).  My dad was not aware of this change.  When it was time for the oil to be changed again, Dad took a stock filter in with him to a different shop and asked for that to be put on.  It was, but it was not large enough for the aftermarket housing.  This caused some oil to bypass the filter and a small piece of metal damaged another component.  Dad replaced the damaged part and reverted the pickup back to the stock filter housing.  I believe the pickup still has a minor issue, but it is drivable again.

The cube truck was the second vehicle to break down.  Its issues are believed to be major.  It is currently on the list of things that need to be repaired but is expected to be a long and miserable job. Dad believes it needs a new short block.  Here is a video of Dad starting it.  If you think there is something else wrong with it, please share your opinion.  Also, it is showing no codes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOBAvLBEEU 

Finally, my daily driver broke down due to the crankshaft position sensor failing.  Dad replaced the sensor and deepened his dislike for my “little plastic car.”  Thankfully, it is now back to normal and I am still quite happy with it - regardless of its plastic content.

So, that’s the update!

Edit: Fix issue with linking to youtube video. 

Edited by Funacres Daughter 7/10/2019 19:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)