AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reviving an EZGuide+ (won't power up)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 7/8/2019 13:40 (#7603523)
Subject: Reviving an EZGuide+ (won't power up)

I'm trying to revive an old EZGuide+ (Plus) that shows no life when I plug in the power cord. I have a known working EZG+ and when I plug this one into that system I still get no joy. No lights and no life on the screen. I've read on here before that there are three things that can cause these symptoms. 1, needs a reflash for some reason from sitting too long; 2, bad solder connections on the power socket (it usually wiggles); and 3, blown circuit board. As far as I remember it was working when it was removed for the winter and didn't work when needed again a season or two or three later. 

There is no obvious movement when I wiggle the power cord so I'm trying number 1- a reflash.  The problem is that I may have only done it once about 12-14 years ago and it wasn't on this computer or on Windows 10 so I haven't a clue if everything is set up right. I've tried changing the Win10 COM1 and COM3 settings from the default 9600 8N1 to the 38400 8N1 (that's the only speed I can see mentioned in the EZToolbox and it is under the EZBoom tab) and used both COM1 and COM3 in the EZToolbox. Not really sure which it's connected to though. There's just one serial port in the back of this computer and I've never used it for anything before. I've also tried both reading the error logs and flashing the firmware with the power to the EZG+ both on and off. It's either dead as a doornail or I may have a setting not set right somehow. I've even tried it with the "high speed upload" box under the EZGuide tab checked and unchecked.

I attached a link at the bottom where the last poster mentioned to reflash. And yes I'm using an EZG+ power cord that doesn't require anything else plugged into it to get power to the lightbar like is also mentioned in that post.

Anybody with a long memory remember the exact settings needed? All help appreciated.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=394893&mid=3141530#M3141530

p
.s. AFAIK I'm using a straight serial cable not a crossover one but now that I think of it it is possible I don't have the right cable. I had to get a gender bender to get it to plug into the EZG+ anyway.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)