AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snooping on the crops with my drone.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 6/12/2019 12:27 (#7555019)
Subject: Snooping on the crops with my drone.

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

I'm really missing the fast upload speeds that I became used to when I was at our AZ place, so no videos to YouTube for now.
It was a nice, cool, clear morning here so I took the drone out to capture a 360° panorama of Wane's growing crops. This pano is a result of parking the drone at 100' altitude and then capturing a video as I slowly rotated the drone in a 360° sweep. The drone was one mile south of our main gravel road to the north and a bit short of a mile north of the Missouri River that defines the south border of the farm. I saved the MP4 video file and then loaded it in Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) which is a free Microsoft program. One of the many things that ICE lets you do is make a panorama photo from a video. This is the result: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap87uiPq9ptXjucQtt4yxl0rxtdU8A
If you load the photo into your choice of image viewing or editing software, you can then zoom in and scroll to see the entire sweep. I saved the image as a hi quality photo that will withstand quite a bit of zoom before quality degrades too badly, so zoom away if you wish.

Edited by Ed Boysun 6/12/2019 12:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)