AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Portable cpap battery for camping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 6/11/2019 08:15 (#7552964)
Subject: Portable cpap battery for camping?

I know there has been a lot of cpap discussion on this forum over the years, so I used the search feature, but did not find anything about an affordable battery to power a portable cpap for camping. I do not use a cpap, but many of my friends do and the common discussion is the outrageous price for the batteries to power a portable unit. I believe some use a humidifier? However the ones I'd like to figure out a good reliable and "affordable" way to power, do not.

Youtube has limited info that I would consider trustworthy. The videos that seem to give reliable info, then give the price, and we're right back to un-affordable. So without any detailed info other than I think a popular model is "Z1"?, and online a model like that seems to advertise an average draw of 30 watts, but up to 45 watts max? Have you found any decent price battery systems to power one of these for a night or two?

I used to race radio control cars and I think I still have some of my old battery jigs and soldering irons etc. I can easily build a 12 to 14.4 volt C cell pack. And maybe even connect two in parallel if needed, but I would like to make sure this is even a possible idea or get some feed back from you folks about what it would take to run one on a budget? At their homes, a wall outlet runs there......not portable? cpap. So dry camping or tent camping etc. is the need here.

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)