AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader RTK guidance line jumps by 4 feet...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 6/8/2019 06:55 (#7547487)
Subject: Agleader RTK guidance line jumps by 4 feet...

South Central MN
We're running an incommand1200 with a paradyme that is getting the mncors cellular correction signal through a tablet via wifi hotspot. We have to use this lash-up because the paradyme only has a 3g cell modem and Verizon is dropping service for that signal.

I was doing some row crop cultivating last night and things had been running smoothly when I got a notice saying that GPS accuracy was degraded and I got the yellow exclamation mark warning over the GPS icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

Everything was still guiding ok, so I just kept an eye on it. The instant that the exclamation mark went away and the "good" green GPS icon came back, the tractor tried making a hard right by 8". Wiped out 10' of crop. Stopped, got the guidance line realigned with the row and kept going. 20 minutes later, the same thing happened, except this time it tried throwing me to the right by 4'. I was ready for it this time and only wiped out 5' of crop, but still. This is not the first time it's jumped this year, but this is the worst it's been. What the heck is going on?

We've also had lots of problems this year with RTK guidance line drift where it'll be off by 15' if we leave the field and come back. Any ideas?

Edited by chirpfarm 6/8/2019 06:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)