AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CNH Task Controller vs. JD ISO Planter Rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

derby296
Posted 6/6/2019 09:58 (#7544357)
Subject: CNH Task Controller vs. JD ISO Planter Rant

Those of us on the CNH side that have been around awhile remember the early days of ISO/VT and TC vs JD Planters 1770/1790 etc. First it wasn't possible to have clutch control, so along comes "AccuControl" worked but was a PITA to setup and configure but worked when it worked. Then all of a sudden clutch control WOULD work with TC with a certain version of 700 software. And it DID work. Now over the last 3 to 4 years and many software revisions and headaches some parts of TC work good, others are a disaster but we have always managed to get crops planted. New software would fix old problems and create new ones. Now with the recent version of TC v31.22 all these planters (5 of them I work with) the clutch control DOES NOT work anymore, in fact it wont plant at all because the clutchs are commanded OFF all the time. Turn TC off and clutchs come back to life...(But no Auto) "Planter may be no longer compatible" they tell me... "Have JD update software, try again" But if I back date to v30 it does work. Hard to believe its Deeres problem when all we changed was our software. Anyways most of you reading this wont care and probably say well just put a Deere display in it, which a couple are going to now. I just need to Rant about this because I find it very frustrating to sell and demo something that works, then it doesn't, then it might, then nope cant do that anymore. And maybe there is something simple that everyone (myself, 2 techs, CNH support) is overlooking and if anyone has any experience with this or a fix let me know. Rant Over.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)