AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Google Drive/Sheets, sluggish
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 6/4/2019 16:58 (#7541211)
Subject: Google Drive/Sheets, sluggish

South Georgia
I use Google Sheets for a few recordkeeping things that I'd like to be able to access away from the office. I really like the idea, it's very convenient. But my problem is that it's always so slow. Whether I'm on my office computer, or my laptop at home. Neither are new computers, but neither is the CPU or RAM on either one of them maxed out, according to System Monitor. Is there anything that I can do to speed up Sheets? I don't have the fastest internet in the world either, but if my internet is fast enough to watch TV reasonably reliably, it ought to be plenty fast enough to update a spreadsheet.

It's not just slow as in the cursor won't quite keep up with my typing. Sometimes it'll take three or four seconds for the cursor to catch up, or three or four seconds to switch tabs in a spreadsheet, or whatever. My dinky little spreadsheets shouldn't be that intensive, and I really don't think this is acceptable. Do the folks at Google use this? If they do, there's no way it acts this way for them.

Y'all got any thoughts? Besides 'suck it up,' that is? It's not unbearable, but it's really aggravating.

Thanks,
Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)