AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Edge and Ontrack 2 issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Swenny79
Posted 5/15/2019 22:34 (#7499271)
Subject: Edge and Ontrack 2 issues

Concordia, KS
We bought a used setup and I finally got installed and running over the weekend. We started planting corn tonight (finally) and the first hour it worked well. I couldn’t be more pleased. No issues whatsoever. Around 7:30, it started to have a 60 inch guess row and at one point I had rows on top of each other. It moved all over the place. I tried nudging it, it wouldn’t hold the nudge in a 3/8 of a mile pass. I tried an offset with the same results, and nudging didn’t help at all.

I know our 500 and Ez steer gets off some in the evenings, but I never have seen it as bad as tonight.

The age of differential correction was up to 9 seconds, it had 9 satellites. On the 500, that age of correction was never less than 1 or 1.5. I know it’s only on WAAS, but I have seen the Trimble stuff work much better and was a little disappointed.

I’m sure it needs a software update, but anyone seen this before? It shows it online within 2 and sometimes 4 inches, the field is a little rough, but it seems like there is some serious drift issues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)