AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader controlling half-width disconnects?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Sharecropper jr.
Posted 5/11/2019 22:48 (#7492049)
Subject: Agleader controlling half-width disconnects?

Deep southern Illinois
To start off, running an incommand 1200, PMM, 2 clutch modules, 16 clutches on a Kinze 3600 16/31 ASD. This planter has been demoted to beans only this year, due to buying a second corn planter.

Backstory: I plant wheat with a no till drill that has Kinze half width clutches mounted on it, and a clutch module for section control. Disconnect the green ground wire at the clutch, splice red 12v to module power high current lead, ground to the proper pin of the clutch module=works like a dream on the cheap.

The idea: wire up the above mentioned Kinze the same way, remove one clutch module, all row clutches (needs new chains anyhow, have the never-used factory chains in storage) and set it up for automatic swath control in 2 sections. Will end up with less overlap because now the front and rear rows will shut off, just not individually.

Questions/concerns: how would I configure it so my PMM knows to monitor 31 rows, clutch module shuts off 2 sections, and they don’t match. (Seed rate alarm when one side is shut off wouldn’t bother me much). Has anyone else attempted this? Would I be satisfied? Seems like I would be eliminating a lot of unnecessary parts on a bean planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)