AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Office File Sharing/Backup Network Setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

stxman
Posted 4/15/2019 08:27 (#7440408)
Subject: Farm Office File Sharing/Backup Network Setup

Have a small computer network that I am setting up in our farm office, have a couple of desktops, a laptop, and a 2 bay Synology NAS drive (DS218+ using RAID 1). Trying to figure out how to best utilize the NAS drive. Would like to be able to access files (i.e. documents, spreadsheets, SMS Data, pictures, videos, etc) from all computers and maybe remotely from Android cell phones? Also want to have a backup in case of hardware failure, virus, etc.

Would you recommend storing data locally on each computer and then just setting up each as a shareable network drive to access from the other computers and then use the NAS as a automatic backup drive of each computer? (One downside I foresee to this method is remembering which computer has the data on it) Or should I use the NAS as a central file server and store everything there, but then not sure what I should do for a backup? Get a second NAS? Backup to one of the desktops (not sure this is even possible or recommended). Have done a bunch of reading on the net but the more I read the more confused I get.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)