AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on the helping small dairy farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 4/15/2019 16:07 (#7441048)
Subject: Update on the helping small dairy farmers

I emailed Kwik Trip about support for dairy producers. And I got a reply! Thought you might find it interesting, And no, they don't have a Mega dairy supplying their milk. So if any of you have any ideas go on their website and let them know!

Here's what I wrote:
"I'd really like to see Kwik Trip promote their dairy products and support the struggling Midwest farmers a bit more. I like that you have the flavored milks, but maybe more promotion/advertising could boost sales?"

Response:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We love to hear from our guests.

We at Kwik Trip could not agree with you more. Anything we can do to help out our local farmers is very important to us. We have over 40 Dairy related promotions scheduled for 2019 alone and these are just the ones that I have in front of me. We also sponsor several events locally, such as the La Crosse County Dairy Breakfast, the Reedsburg Butterfest (This is where they make our Nature’s Touch butter. Interestingly enough, they use the cream from our milk to make our butter. This is something that we put together about 2 years ago.) and many other festivals. We will also have a large Dairy Days promotion kicking off on May 31st for the second straight year promoting Milk, Ice Cream and Cheese Curds. We hosted a tour and luncheon on our campus for all of our Dairy Producers (35 local dairy farmers) about 18 months ago to appreciate what they do for us.

These are just a few things that come to mind that we are doing. We continue to work on more promotions and talk about this quite regularly. This is something that we are very passionate about and plan to come up with more ideas as we continue to meet and talk about this.

Would love to hear any ideas that you may have as well.

Thank you so much for reaching out. We greatly appreciate your business!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)