AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Free Pots" sign works within 60 minutes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 4/14/2019 19:59 (#7439611)
Subject: "Free Pots" sign works within 60 minutes

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
The sign says "Free Pots", not "Free Pot"- this is iowa, not colorado.

wife informs me today that she would like me to bring in her collection of plastic flower pots "Whenever it is handy" from the barn out on the farm, which means "I want them by supper time". I lay down the law, you have so many, times are a-changing-I am getting tired of dragging them all into the garage when storms come, she isn't as strong as she used to be- to my amazement, she agrees, is going to cut way back on how many she sets out around the house.

So I bring all the pots back, throw them on our front lawn here in town, say "sort thru them, keep what you want, the rest are going to be placed out on the corner of the lot with a sign that says "Free Pots".

She doesn't believe that the sign will work, and is embarrassed by my "Sanford and Son" type sign and project.

Within 60 minutes, on a Sunday evening, 80% of the pots are gone, thanks to one old guy who drove by, saw the sign, backed up, sorted thru everything, and left 4 of what i consider the better quality flower pots.

I hope that he doesn't store them in his garage tonight, they might have brought along with them the conspicuous odor of skunks, who have taken up residence in the barn for the winter, as usual.

It is all in the marketing of a product. Bruce
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)