AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to keep my planter build neat questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Sharecropper jr.
Posted 3/13/2019 23:51 (#7379246)
Subject: Trying to keep my planter build neat questions

Deep southern Illinois
I’m building a planter this winter from a cheap Kinze 3600 16-30. Going with Agleader electric drive, wave vision seed tubes, weigh pins on 4 rows, variable rate liquid fertilizer 2x2x2 in 2 8 row sections, with 2 pumps, and valving to separate the tanks into 2 systems so I can easily do side by sides, ran with 2 Agleader directcommand liquid modules. Everything will go through the incommand I already have, that steers the tractor.

Has anyone ever put control valve, bypass, flow meter, etc. on a mechanical drive pump? Plan is to have pump set for much higher than needed, so control valve can bypass product for agitation in case I try something that doesn’t stay in suspension well. I’m going to be running out of hydraulic flow during the next stage of this project, and the contact wheels aren’t driving anything with the electric drive. I’ll even still have the half-width disconnect clutches still in the driveline, so I could theoretically control them with a clutch control module and have automatic shut offs for the liquid with 2 sections (that probably won’t get done this year.). I’m using stainless steel tubing to build a “wet boom” with wraparound nozzle bodies with built in 10# check valves to clean up my supply system. Twist lock John guest fitting on the nozzle body, with an orfice inside. 1/4” airline to a splitter at my coulters in front of the closing wheels. Will the 1/4” airline have enough capacity that I need a check valve at the Coulter’s, or will the check valve at the “boom” suffice? I’m planning to supply the boom with 2 lines coming from the pump to attempt to mitigate pressure loss. Clear as mud? General thoughts?

Also, I’m going to end up with quite a few modules stuck on this thing. Has anyone put a box, such as an aluminum toolbox, on the frame of a planter and mounted all the modules inside? I’d like a nice dry, clean place to keep modules, extra coiled wiring, etc. I like keeping equipment neat, and as functional as possible if you can’t tell, and I plan to run this machine for a long time.

I know this was extremely long, but any tips/thoughts/comments on my project? I’m open to any suggestions if I can make them work.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)