AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weber Gas Grills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 3/13/2019 13:17 (#7377880)
Subject: Weber Gas Grills

North Central Illinois
We have never been too fussy about our gas grills. We have been buying a $300 to $400 Kenmore grill which seems to last about five or six years. Our current one is five years old and things are starting to fall apart inside. The burners seem serviceable and the manifold looks okay. The firebox which pretty much holds everything is what is falling apart. It is stainless steel and still has not held up well. I could probably fix it myself or have a really good welder fix it up with some new stainless here or there but I really can't justify spending much money on it. You can buy a new firebox from Sears for $397! I just looked it up and we paid $408 for the entire grill five years ago! I also noticed that the burners are no longer available should we ever need to replace them. So, I guess it is probably time for a new grill.

My wife thinks we should get a Weber grill. Other than the price I'm not opposed to the idea. It looks like a decent three burner grill from Weber is about $700. I wouldn't be opposed to that price either if the damn thing will last more than five or six years. What has been the NAT experience in regard to longevity of Weber gas grills?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)