AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to diagnose white smoke?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 3/10/2019 22:14 (#7372712)
Subject: Best way to diagnose white smoke?

Aggieland
Thinking of buying a forklift that runs but blows white smoke. Is there a “easy” way to determine if it’s a head gasket vs head vs cracked block? If I remember correctly if it’s a head gasket you’ll see bubbles in the radiator, a cracked block would have water on the oil and no idea on a head. It would be a project and I’m comfortable tearing an engine apart and rebuilding I’m just a little lost on diagnosis without tear down. I don’t need a forklift every day or week for that matter but when I occasionally get freight shipments it’s nice to be able to unload quickly. My distributor wants to floorplan equipment for me but I don’t have a way of utilizing my pallet racking at the moment because my Clark forklift project has quite frankly gone on too long and I’m afraid I won’t be able to put that mess back together. I’ll need a forklift to put that one back together anyway! Also this one I’m looking at is a 3000# machine and fits nicely in my shop whereas the Clark is a 4500# and a bear to maneuver. Thanks for the advice.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)