AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Permacolumns or other idea?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 3/9/2019 01:11 (#7368547)
Subject: Permacolumns or other idea?

SC Wisconsin
Going to build a small machine shed this summer, 40x64x16. I will never put a wooden post in the ground if i can help it. Im 28 years old so with any luck i would be replacing them in my lifetime for sure if i did. Anyways, ive seen the permacolumns and watched videos of their stress tests and they look stout. Not sure on costs on them though. My other idea was to drill post holes (maybe 24" diameter and 4' deep) were each post will go, throw some rebar in there and fill with concrete then put either wet set brackets on top of those or the drill and anchor type like the picture. I have the drill and anchor type on a building that is built on a 4' concrete wall in a cattle shed and they have held up well under some pretty big winds so far. My first thought was to drill post holes, but by the time you add up the hours, rebar, concrete etc i dont think there will be much if any cost savings. I work a lot of hours at a factory as my "real job" so between that and feeding cattle i have very little freetime and that makes my time pretty valuable in my opinion. I will be taking a week of vacation to build the building itself though

(15521157092580 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 15521157092580 (full).jpg (28KB - 79 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)