AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Air II locking up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/28/2019 10:40 (#7349997)
Subject: iPad Air II locking up

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
GF has an iPad Air II with original battery. It gets used ALOT. Yesterday the screen went white about this time. I was able to get it to restart by holding the power and home key for a while. Eventually it showed the Apple logo and proceeded to boot up. Everything seemed normal. I couldn't "have it" long enough to do anymore as the games/FaceBook were calling. I said I think it needs a rest.

Just now this happened again. Again holding the power and home keys got it to restart. I am now downloading the most current version of IOS via iTunes. I will do a backup on iTunes so that a future restore should be possible if necessary. Any other ideas?

The battery seems to show a full charge. There is an icon of a padlock with a circle around it in the upper right corner of the screen ahead of the Bluetooth symbol. I don't recall seeing that icon before, maybe this is due to the IOS update in progress.

My iPad Pro doesn't have the lock icon and no Bluetooth icon although Bluetooth is ON. Now I'm really confused as the iPad Pro should have had the same Bluetooth devices like my iPhone has. Too many devices I guess.

Does anyone know what the padlock icon means?

Edited by tedbear 2/28/2019 10:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)