AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving on from dairy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Lost1
Posted 2/19/2019 12:49 (#7330715)
Subject: Moving on from dairy.

I really feel the time has come to move on from dairy. I have been hanging in there but I'm almost certain it's time. . Will still crop the land and maybe keep a few steers around. I have an opportunity for a decent paying job. Heck as I type this I am thinking I'll make more money just at that job than the past year farming with less hours and less stress. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous as heck. My way of looking at it is I don't want to get into a position where someone else tells me what I have to do or tells me when it's time to end it. I can walk away knowing I didn't have to. I am actually 95% sure I'm going to work for the uw farms. Not a huge pay check but low stress work. When I looked into the job they seemed really happy not having to train someone how to do everything. I'm sure I'd get some training on how they do things but I have the general idea. I'd be done at 3pm everyday so I can still have time to do other things. I'm sure I'll miss it but I sure won't miss the roller coaster rides the worry over making ends meet. I think I'll miss the freedom of my own hours but it's all a give and take!! Well thanks for the listening ear.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)