AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Swather Hydralic Pump Gearbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

showboat
Posted 2/11/2019 23:35 (#7315184)
Subject: Swather Hydralic Pump Gearbox

I have an older New Holland hydroswing swather. We don't put up much hay, but like the swather for the little we use it...….EXCEPT that the mechanism is hydraulically driven by oil pressure from a 2k rpm hydraulic pump. There is a gearbox driving the pump, which converts the 540 pto speed to the 2000 rpm which the hydraulic pump uses for its input. Two problems.....The gearbox/pump mechanism seems to be a lot of weight to be hanging from a tractor pto shaft.....AND.....every couple of years the gearbox seems to shuck itself out requiring a serious rebuild, or a replacement.

So we're there again. A NEW gearbox is no longer available for the 540/2000 conversion...….however, a different gearbox using a 1000 rpm input and converting to 2k pump imput. I could do that, for $2k and change, or rebuild (AGAIN) the existing 540 gearbox......OR,.....there's a $3500 "conversion", which mounts a new gearbox/pump on the tongue, with a short drive shaft from the tractor ……………….seems like a lot of expense for a swather we use on 3-400 acres per year. Don't much want to trade just now, either...…..

Anybody found a solution for this problem? Is there a 1000 pto mount pump which would put out the volume I need, at the 3K pressure I need.....so I could eliminate the gearbox thing.? showboat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)