AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beef check off-a follow up to ice on the pumkin and bohunk's post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 2/10/2019 21:24 (#7312251)
Subject: beef check off-a follow up to ice on the pumkin and bohunk's post

western iowa,by Denison
I was reading Dunlap Livestock's upcoming sale bill-and this was in there comment box-I thought it was worth sharing-It is exactly how I feel-it really brings up some facts of how cheap cull cows are the last 90 days-to the post's below-a guy really has to wander just who the check off dollars are working for-good comment- I would like to know where my meat comes from -why would anyone not want to know?
"Last week I had a chance to review a letter from a gentleman who sit's on the
Cattleman's Beef Board, the National group who oversees our beef check off. Simply put he stated we must import more lean ground beef to meet robust demand because domestically we don't have enough supply. Right there simply put is why we need country of origin labeling. Weigh cows are at 10 year lows and this guy states we don't have enough supply??
Mind boggling to think the NCBA worked damn hard to repeal C.O.O.L."

Doing some follow up reading-realize that NCBA gets $1 check off on imported meat that does not have to be shared with any state check off-I think it is around $1 for every 600# of meat
2.8 billion #'s for 2018-My calculator doesn't have that many zero's but I got a feeling those executive's on the ncba board are going to get a big raise-boy if I got paid $500,000 a year I could quit my day job.
Its a good thing us real cattlemen at home everyday (90%) send are dollar in-so that 10% can tell us rules-where to send the money and have adds to send out to tell us how good of job there doing.

Over $30,000 here paid in to the check off-my opinion means nothing!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)