AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boots and socks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

blue924.9
Posted 2/10/2019 20:13 (#7311987)
Subject: Boots and socks

Hello all. I have a few questions regarding boots and socks. Firstly does anyone make a good pair of socks that are better sized than the ones that are sizes 6 to 12? I just so happen to wear a size 9 boot and the heel of my foot ends up being just ahead of the thicker heel portion of the sock which means I am lucky to get maybe 6 months out of the more expensive dickie work socks that most of the box stores sell.

secondly I am wondering if anyone else has experienced their boots losing their ability to breathe after they get some use on them. for the record I work as a mechanic at a deere dealership and I am thinking that the oil that gets on them causes the boot to breathe even less than an all leather boot will to begin with. It was pretty bad this summer but the problem continues in the winter time even though I am outside a good amount of time. It is bad enough that even if the boots sit unworn over the weekend even on monday they will still be damp inside. I have been using the boot drier religiously but at the same time I never hear any of my co workers or friends having to do this. I am thinking about trying some Thorogood brand boots with the goretex lining next time but unfortunately these redwings still have a lot of life left in them. anyone have any recommendations on a breathable work boot? a good way to help the boots I have? as usual thanks for your time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)