AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dead FOB and starting Ford Edge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2019 09:21 (#7308503)
Subject: Dead FOB and starting Ford Edge

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My GF told me of a story she saw on Facebook about a woman returning home and trying to start her car at the airport. Her car was one of the newer models without a key. The battery in her FOB was dead although the car battery was fine. She was able to get inside via the keypad on the door, but the car would not start since it did not sense the FOB. Wisely she searched for a video on You Tube and learned how to start the car in this situation.

I have not changed either battery in the FOBs for my 2015 Ford Edge so I searched for the video. I found one for a Ford Fusion. The trick is to place the dead FOB in a special location. Even with a dead FOB battery, the car will sense this and allow you to start it normally. This is assuming the car battery is good.

On the Ford Fusion, the special place is under the cup holders in the center console. I figured the Edge would be the same so I removed the base of the cupholders but didn't find the compartment for the FOB. I did notice a ledge inside the center console compartment that seemed about the right size for the FOB.

Today I did a search and found a video specific for the Edge and the special place is in the compartment.

If you have one of these cars, it might be wise to investigate the procedure for your car. There is probably a You Tube Video for your model.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)