AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dordt College Agriculture Alumni?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farmcdc
Posted 2/7/2019 22:47 (#7305262)
Subject: Dordt College Agriculture Alumni?

Fremont, NE
Have a HS junior daughter who is looking into this college. We visited this week and was very impressed with everything. Very small school, faith based, very nice faculty and students that we met. Everyone was smiling, happy and extremely polite, campus is beautiful, etc... but very pricey. Curious if any alum can shed any real world college reviews on the quality of education and how they are truly prepared after graduation?

Went on to South Dakota State University the next day, much larger public university, more options in ag with more minors to choose if desired, less expensive, kids and staff didn’t seem as genuine and down to earth but still nice place.

Want to also visit Northwest Missouri State University also. Looks to have a great Ag department and about half the size of SDSU.

This college decision thing is hard. First college child so all new to me. Wife and I both did tech schools and have associate degrees so the 4 year thing is also completely new for all three of us.

Thoughts/ideas/opinions/experiences?

Daughter is a small town farm girl, doesn’t exactly like big towns and thinks she wants the smaller school atmosphere. Huge heart and hates the drama of high school but I just have a gut feeling that a real small school like Dordt may be educationally limiting???

Weighing heavily on my mind for her!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)