AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Computer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

farm160
Posted 2/6/2019 20:54 (#7302323)
Subject: Computer question

NE Nebraska
Around last August I purchased a new Dell desktop computer with specs as recommended by a local dealer that sells to small businesses. At that time I was unable to install the full suite of software for my Brother MFC printer/scanner. I would get an error message that said "cannot start application installer". Brother blamed it on Dell. Dell blamed it on Brother. I was able to use the basic functions but was missing some of the suite features, ie scanner and other functions.
Today I went to install software for a new Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500. Once again I was unable to install the software from either the CD/DVD or via the Fujitsu website (I could download the file but it wouldn't run the exe file). Finally called Fujitsu and they were able to do an install via a different method. It took about an hour on the phone with Fujitsu.

Today I also went to install the new QuickBooks software, upgrading from Pro Plus 2018 to Pro Plus 2019. I downloaded the software but when it came time for install I got an error message saying I didn't have enough memory on my C Drive, even though it's a 1 T hard drive with over 850 GB of free space and plenty of RAM. After about 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Intuit and support staff trying multiple things they were able to do a clean install and now I'm up and running.
In each case I'd disable my anti-virus before I tried the installs. I never had problems installing any software on my prior HP computer, but this Dell has been trouble. Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Anyone else have problems with Dell?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)