AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well, finally had to join the club...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 2/5/2019 12:36 (#7298610)
Subject: Well, finally had to join the club...

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
20 year old Whirlpool that I bought barely used from my great grandfather's estate for $100 quit. I was pretty sure it was a timer issue the way it was acting, and wouldn't you know it, the timer was NO LONGER available! Clever of Whirlpool isn't it? Couldn't find used one or refurbished, and a lot of refurbished that were out of stock were listed for $100+ online.

The old one has been a VERY good washer, only fixed a couple of minor issues through the years. And after washing 6,748,857,234 loads, figured it was time to retire it.

I had a few moments of weakness, and saw Lowe's had a Maytag that supposedly would fill the tub all the way, and had a center agitator on sale 30% off for $630. But got to looking at some videos and could tell the agitation was VERY weak, and one reviewer video said he thought if clothes were very dirty it probably would not do very well.

Soooo, decided to let the Royalty into our house. Figured the difference in price over say 5 years which is what the warranty was would be negligible.

Really disappointed in the owner's manual. There is not 16 pages of warnings and disclaimers, and NO FOREIGN languages!! How do they get to be so racially insensitive? What is up with that?

(IMG_20190205_114345 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20190205_114345 (full).jpg (84KB - 471 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)