AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neat pictures, gelled fuel, and diesel 911 is the catsass
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 2/1/2019 13:18 (#7290360)
Subject: Neat pictures, gelled fuel, and diesel 911 is the catsass

Missouri
So this happened today. Never happened to me before. I'm pretty diligent about adding treatment to the fuel when a cold spell hits, but I guess I missed it this time (administered the regular dose, for below freezing. Should have used the double dose, for below 0).

The clear filter made it easy to realize what was happening. Having never gelled a filter before, I'd gotten used to the idea of feeling like I was home free after the engine starts in the cold. I guess a more realistic view is wait until it's run more than a few minutes. This one made it 5 minutes before it began to sputter. It sat 5 minutes, I put diesel 911 in the fuel tank, and restarted it. It ran a little rough, with a few spits and sputters in 5 minutes, and then smoothed out like normal. I looked at the filter about 10 minutes after it was running smoothly, and the gel was dissolved. I was impressed with the 911.

This tractor was used for a few hours, two days ago, in some very bitter cold. I'm wondering if the gel began accumulating then, and if I'd inspected the filter if I would have seen it before I even started the tractor today, or just since I started it.

(Gelled Filter (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Gelled Filter (full).jpg (127KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)