AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife's pain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 1/28/2019 01:25 (#7277986)
Subject: Wife's pain

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

I think I mentioned on NAT some time ago that my wife had a new left hip. At same time the Doc repaired a 'rough' tendon.

Hip went well, and after 8 - 10 weeks the tendon was doing fine. - Until some pain reappeared.  [Actually the tendon is still fine -  read on!]

A fresh X ray showed the new hip joint was 100% - no problem.

An ultrasound on the left thigh and hip gave no real new information, so she was referred to a sports Doctor. - in the same clinic.

He had her stand on either leg, no increase in pain. Had her bend her knee up, lying on her back, and push outwards against his hand pressure - still no increase in pain. Another exercise involving ankle rotation, still no pain increase. His words "Well, it is NOT the hip or tendon, so what is it.?"

Pain was basically on the left side of her lower back, and soon he found a sore spot.

He brought up the ultrasound on his computer, and rotated the images this way and that, then pointed out the 'sacroiliac' joint, between the hip bone and the back bone. Left one inflamed [or larger] than the right. They are [as far as I can tell] just "gristle'' or cartridge.

They can inject a mix of cortisone and local anesthetic into the inflamed area, under ultrasound guided injection.

My dear wife is a bit skeptical of  "messing with" her backbone. She cites a few friends with bad experiences, and no improvement.

If it was me, I would say "go for it!" - but its not me!

Have any others had anything similar, what was done, and how did it go long term?

By the way - she's 74 yrs old.

Thanks for the usual good feedback in advance.!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)