AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glass chicken/chick waterer, fountain antique
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 1/27/2019 20:29 (#7277554)
Subject: Glass chicken/chick waterer, fountain antique

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
So many years ago my dad let us borrow his antique glass chick waterer like pictured. He had used it since he was a kid, and is very nostalgic about those sorts of things.

Last thing he said when he let me use it was "be careful with it, it was my Dad's and is an antique...."

Well, you guessed it. The chicks when they got a little older, knocked it over and chipped the bottle. He was nice enough about it, but I have always hated that it was ruined. I've kept thinking for a long time to keep an eye out for a replacement bottle.

Here is the problem.------the bottle was a GALLON bottle, and has an opening the size of a regular mason jar I believe. I CANNOT find that same bottle. I don't know if I am not using the right search terms or what. I can find plenty of 1/2 gallon mason/ball jars, but I can't find the bigger size.

I say it was a gallon, I am not sure, I could have been just some size that was bigger than 1 gallon and worked.

edit: I should say I do not think the larger jar was a canning jar. The glass is too thin. But it has the same size opening, with the larger gallon body.

Edited by milofarmer1 1/27/2019 20:32

(Screenshot_2019-01-27 ANTIQUE CLEAR GLASS CHICK CHICKEN POULTRY WATERER WATERING DISH FOUNT w JAR eBay (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_2019-01-27 ANTIQUE CLEAR GLASS CHICK CHICKEN POULTRY WATERER WATERING DISH FOUNT w JAR eBay (full).png (65KB - 348 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)