AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is why I don't fear Brazil like.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 1/9/2019 10:05 (#7231881)
Subject: This is why I don't fear Brazil like.......

East Central South Dakota
some of the people on here......and yes, just my opinion, and I might be wrong-----time will reveal the truth. https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/01/08/ceara-brazil-... I have said on this forum many times, Brazil has the potential to blow up. Northern Brazil is on fire and look what country it shares a border with on the north----Venezuela. Brazil is surrounded and shares borders with instability. Do the prairie fires of instability spread or are they contained ? ? In the 80's South Africa was going to produce American farmers out of a job---look at South African production numbers today----South Africa shares a border with Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe was the bread basket of Africa before Mugabe destroyed the country and that Zimbabwe ideology spread into South Africa through a shared border. United Nations is now feeding Zimbabwe with South Africa right behind them.

The left is going to test the power of the newly elected right --in Bolsonaro. Bolsonaro is retired military and he might stomp this fire out brutally----brutality can sometimes fan the flames of civil war. If the political instability grows what better way to hurt the "guy in charge" then blow up export facilities to stop the revenue stream and create chaos-----that is what the left does well.

I thought a soybean sell in the range of 9.40-9.60 in the July contract would be a good sell. Now with drought and potential social instability----maybe not. I might have sold to early--I guess that is why they call it "futures" as the future can change very fast........ Tempted to try to buy back my sale, but that puts more risk into my marketing plan---not less. Sale was above COP, just live with it and realize opportunities for 2019 just opened up.

Edited by white shadow 1/9/2019 10:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)