AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dog Tales
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OTW
Posted 1/2/2019 16:49 (#7215367)
Subject: Dog Tales

NC IA
Let's hear some funny dog stories. I'll start.

Sparky would jump in the pickup bed every morning when I would go do chores on another farm a mile away. I took the tailgate off just so he could ride in the back to help keep various rodents in check at that farmstead. I kept the farm pickup in a separate single stall garage with a manual overhead door and as soon as I opened the door, he would jump in the back.

The battery seemed to be getting a little weak, so I backed the pickup in one evening in case I had to jump it the next morning, as it was to turn quite cold over night. The next morning I opened the door like usual and the dog took his usual jump, got his front paws up on the hood, scratching the paint with his claws as he slid back down to the ground. (Notice I said 'farm pickup', a few more scratches wouldn't be noticed). My middle school aged son and I had a good laugh over that. The pickup did start and I drove it out of the shed, but stopped to let him jump in. He stood quizzingly looking at the front, moved his head looking at the back, looked to the front again, and finally decided the back was where he had to be. We got an even bigger laugh out of that silly look.

Still miss that dog 20 years later.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)