AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone switch around strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/24/2018 10:02 (#7193143)
Subject: iPhone switch around strategy

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
About 3 years ago I got into the smartphone "game" by getting an iPhone 6 through Verizon. I have been happy with the iPhone 6 and really don't see any reason to go with the current models. I got an iPad for the GF at the same time. Both the iPhone and the iPad are paid off as I understand it. Partway through this, I got an iPad Pro through Verizon. At this time I have my phone and cellular for both iPads on my account. The majority of the time the devices use WiFi in my home. When we are away from home, the cellular does get used some but a low usage data plan is acceptable since no real work gets down on them anyway. I'm not certain when my iPad Pro gets paid off but I'm thinking about switching around when that happens.

I just noticed an Ad from Wal-Mart indicating that I could get an iPhone 6 with base memory for $99 which could be used on their StraightTalk plan. They also had a refurbished one with more memory for slightly more. I guess this is a last minute deal where the $99 is just good for today. Some of the reviews claim it is false advertising since they only work with StraightTalk which for me I think would be fine. I'm confused on that issue.

What would be the drawbacks of dropping the plan from Verizon and switching to another iPhone 6? I'm not certain that Straightalk has a cellular plan for the iPads. That might be alright anyway since they should still work where WiFi is available. The GF might add it to her separate phone plan if she feels it is necessary.

If I should do this would my original iPhone 6 that I got from Verizon (which I guess is locked to using them as a carrier) have any value on the used market? Probably not much since Wal-Mart has them unlocked for a low price.

I really want to keep most of what I have as far as service but would like to lower the monthly bill.

Edited by tedbear 12/24/2018 10:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)