AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scott Hourigan co
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MJH
Posted 12/7/2018 09:51 (#7155158)
Subject: Scott Hourigan co

I have made my final transaction with Scott Hourigan this morning . They are upset because I didn’t pay my bill on some electrical parts ($253.18) that I returned and their policy is no returns on electrical parts not surprising to me. What is surprising to me is how poor of service acompany can provide to a customer. I know it’s not a $200,000 dryer and it’s old but it is still a working functional dryer that I use every year. I thought that late August early September was enough lead time to schedule a fall check up on this dryer . It takes an act of Congress to get anyone to give a confirmation of when they could do any service or return a simple phone call . After several calls to two of the sales and service guys at the company I began to realize that they were not going to be able to take care of me . I ended up making other arrangements to try to get my dryer running for the fall dry in season and was able to get it through for the season . I just got done printing and mailing the check to Scotthourigan company. I will admit I did not pay this bill on time it was late . This was intentional. And maybe this is wrong on my part but it’s just so frustrating getting bills and sending money and never getting a problem solved, a call, or voice mail returned. After having a conversation with the president of the company and making my concerns known about their quality of service. He brought up the fact that I don’t pay my bills. So does that mean if I promptly sent a check the level of service would improve and I would get immediate attention. That is open for speculation I guess. In the end we agreed that he would get paid and I would not be doing business with him anymore . I think he was happy to get rid of a problem customer (my perception based on the conversation). And I guess I learned a lesson I’m probably better off without them and it cost me a couple hundred bucks for the learning experience. I shouldn’t really complain too much I know there’s been guys out there that it cost a lot more to learn the same thing.I realize By posting this I open myself up to the agtalk community and it could go either way. I could be flamed for being a deadbeat and not paying my bills on time. On the other hand I could tap into the frustration of agtalkers that deal with companies that don’t really care about the customer who isn’t buying new Equipment all the time and is just trying to keep all the stuff running in the farm economy that we are dealing with. Enough rambling for the time being I just felt like I needed to vent a little bit I hope everyone has a good Friday and a good weekend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)