AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems setting up new bluetooth adapter.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 12/1/2018 10:43 (#7140330)
Subject: Problems setting up new bluetooth adapter.

West Central Iowa
I purchased this Bluetooth adapter that was discussed on this site several weeks ago and I am having problems trying to set it up with a serial port connection to an older Toughbook computer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-RS232-RS-232-Adapter-Serial-Exter...

I have it connected and I am using the software which I found on this site.

http://www.uconnect.com.tw/BT232BE.html

The dip switches are set as follows.

Slave/Master is set to Master
Group is set to G for group.
DCE/DTE switch is set to DCE

The red power light is lite and the blue status light is blinking pretty rapidly (0.1 sec?) which means "Pairing (slave or master mode)"

I am trying to connect to Com Port 1 and the baud rate is set at 19,200 (default)

When I open the software and and hit the "Open port" button I get the following in the system log.

Open com port
Send command: ECHO=N
Return string:
Send command: AT
Return string:
Init device fail

I have tried Com1 and Com2 with the same results. I have tried it with and without a name (Serial Adapter is the default). With and without a PIN (1234 is the default). I have tried it with about every combination of different dip switch settings and any other thing I could think of to try. I cannot find info anywhere on what "Init device fail" means.

One thing I wonder about is if this serial adapter could be a counterfeit copy of the Uconnect brand and their software recognizes that fact. It appears identical to the Uconnect model, but there is no mention of the Uconnect brand anywhere on it or on the documentation. I found the Uconnect website by googling the terms "Bluetooth adapter BT-232B-E"

I also have a Sena Parani SD100 and I was able to connect to it and look at and change setting using the software I found on their website using the same computer.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)